Automotive Service Manager
As a service manager, our guests look to you every time they invest in or need help with their vehicle.
You have the responsibility of walking guests through the entire repair process, keeping them informed of the status of their vehicle and ensuring their satisfaction before and after they leave our facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage shop personnel and direct the smooth order and organization of daily operations.
- Develop guest estimates and repair orders.
- Direct service advisors’ development of guest estimates and repair orders.
- Serve as the primary communications interface to our guests before, during, and after service.
- Consistently and effectively sell our technicians recommendations while educating our guests.
- Present the best solution to properly repair our guests’ vehicle in a way that is easy for them to understand.
- Assign repair orders to technicians and manage workflow.
- Ensure all equipment is fully operational.
- Ensure technicians have the resources needed to do their job.
- Ensure selection of quality parts and target margins are achieved.
- Keep orderly records and file/process returns and warranty claims.
- Open and close store daily.
- Attend all management meetings/trainings and actively provide value to allow team to continue to improve.
- Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures as outlined in the current team member Handbook.
- Perform bi-monthly one-on-ones with team members.
- Take necessary corrective and/or disciplinary action for team member non-compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Automotive Service: 2 years (preferred)
- Driver’s license preferred
- Sales and customer service
- Computer literacy
- Mechanical experience in diesel engines, alignment, driving, brakes, data entry, and diagnostics.