Responsibilities and Duties
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical problems and performing repair work on vehicles as needed.
- Conducting routine maintenance on vehicles aiming to prolong vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Repairing or replacing broken or dysfunctional vehicle parts and fixing various fluid leaks (oil, coolant, etc.)
- Read manufacturer’s drawings and manuals.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Keep shop equipment operating, including maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and more.
- Drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Basic computer and internet literacy and use computer diagnostic equipment.
- Communicating directly with the service advisor(s) or manager regarding the status of the service work.
- Continuously learning new technical information and repair techniques as required by the company.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the department manager/supervisor.
- Proven experience as an automotive technician with strong diagnostic skills.
- Mechanical experience working on, but not limited to, diesel engines, alignment, driving, brakes and welding.
- Strong communication skills to confidently converse with customers and clients.
- Strong work ethic and act with integrity and professionalism.
- Posses a great, teamwork attitude and be goals driven with the desire to want to help others.
- Be drug free and want to work for a great company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- New ASE Certfication or desire for certification a plus
- At least 2-3 years of automotive repair. experience preferred.
- Knowledge of shop equipment preferred (wheel and tire alignment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, A/C equipment, etc.)
Job Type: Full Time
Shop Type: Independent
Work Location: 1 location
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Pay: $45,000 – $100,000 per year
- Automotive Repair: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- ASE Certification (Preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance